To this day, more than 3 million people in Canada have contracted COVID-19, whether domestically or after having traveled abroad. And while the government and health authorities have made tremendous progress at controlling the spread (in spite of the rise of highly transmissible variants such as omicron), we are the ones who can contribute the most to slowing down infections. Every one of us can make a difference by staying at home if we feel sick, for instance, or doing a proper post-COVID-19 disinfecting, after recovering from the virus, which is the main subject of this article.
Post COVID-19 Disinfecting
COVID-19 has sent thousands of people to the hospital, but in the majority of cases, patients have recovered at home, in close proximity to family members or roommates. This means that if someone catches the virus, people living with them are at high risk of catching it too without realizing it, thus promoting further infections when they interact with additional people outside the house.
To break this cycle, we propose that anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 not only stays home for the number of days recommended by Health Canada but also limits their stay to one specific room and bathroom to avoid direct contact with others. Afterward, we strongly suggest the patient or their caregiver performs a full COVID-19 disinfecting treatment to the entire house to protect themselves and any potential visitor from getting infected and spreading the virus even more.
These are important tips that will guarantee the success of any COVID-19 disinfecting task:
- Wear gloves and a mask before disinfecting.
- Open windows whenever possible to ventilate the house.
- Make sure to first clean surfaces and then disinfect thoroughly using proper techniques and tools.
- Pay additional attention to the bedroom and bathrooms that the patient used and “high touch” surfaces (doorknobs, kitchen electronics, utensils, faucets, toilet flush, remote controls, etc.)
- Choose effective disinfectants that are also safe to use around people, pets, and plants.
- Wash all dishes and flatware used by the patient, if they didn't use disposable dishes, and take out the garbage making sure to avoid direct contact with it.
- Don't forget to wash the patient's clothes and bedding preferably on the highest temperature water setting and highest dry settings as well. Again, make sure to avoid direct contact with these items.
Read More: Home Sanitizing Services for COVID-19
Best Tools and Products for COVID-19 Disinfecting
COVID-19 disinfecting can be tricky because oftentimes most of us are not sure of what to disinfect and what not to make the task a bit lighter. Fortunately, there are numerous devices and products available on the market that simplify the disinfection process and make it much more efficient, such as:
- Disinfecto Electrostatic Sprayer - This device is portable and lightweight, which makes it excellent to disinfect the bedroom and bathroom where the patient was staying, as well as to spray down objects like laundry baskets, chairs, and anything else that came in contact with the patient or their dirty clothes and linens.
- Nano Atomizer - This top-selling dry fogger is perfect to disinfect all electronic devices used by the patient during their recovery period, including smartphones, tablets, remote controls, and keyboards.
- EnviroNize Anolyte Cleansing Wash Airless Pump - This is a gentle and hypoallergenic hand, face, and body wash product made of a concentrated electro-chemically activated solution rich in oxygen that kills viruses and bacteria. It is the most reliable body wash for a COVID-19 patient during the infection period and after. It can also be used by the entire family as an extra layer of protection against infections.
COVID-19 Disinfecting Services
Another option when a person recovers from COVID-19 in a household is to hire a COVID-19 disinfecting service and leave the work to the professionals, while you focus on feeling better or helping the patient feel better to return to their regular activities.
The benefit of hiring a disinfection company like us at Disinfect & Fog is that you will be guaranteed a high-quality COVID-19 disinfecting service performed by experienced, knowledgeable, and respectful staff that will work diligently to return your home back to normal, ensuring that every surface and room is germ-free and safe for all your loved ones to use once again.
If you or someone you live with has recently recovered from COVID-19 or is currently infected with the virus, feel free to call us for a consultation. One of our disinfection experts will be glad to explain all of our available devices and products, as well as our disinfection services. Call us today at 1-855-561-4512 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading and stay safe!