It's that time of the year again. The time when summer ends and kids go back to school. Now, you are probably doing some last-minute shopping for school supplies, clothes, and shoes for your little ones, but have you considered that they are going to need disinfecting and personal sanitization items as well? If you haven't, don't worry because we have created the ultimate Back to School Shopping List for a Safe School Year.
Back to School Shopping List
Are your children kindergarteners or elementary schoolers? Are they about to start middle school or secondary school? This back-to-school shopping list list is helpful to keep in mind everything you need to make sure they remain safe and healthy throughout the school year. These are the main items they are going to need:
- Binder clips
- Face masks
- Glue and/or tape
- Gym shoes
- Hand sanitizer
- Highlighters, crayons, coloured pencils, and/or markers
- Index cards
- Lunch box or bag
- Pencil box
- Pencil sharpener
- Personal Sanitizer Sprayer
- Sanitizer Wrist Bands
- Sanitizing cleansing wash
- School scissors
- Sticky notes
- USB flash drive
- Water bottle
- Weekly planner
Products for a Safe School Year
As you could read in the list above, going back to school safely takes more than just having the perfect backpack and the cutest pencil box. Regardless of their age, your kids are going to need certain items such as face masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant sprayers to protect themselves against contaminants, including viruses like the ones that cause COVID-19, the common cold, and influenza.
At Disinfect & Fog, we may not be able to help you with traditional school supplies or even face masks, but we do carry a great selection of these recommended products for a safe school year. Here are some of our top-selling ones that will make all the difference for your children this back-to-school season:
- SaniGO Sanitizer Wrist Band - Your kids often forget to pack their hand sanitizer to go to school? Not anymore! With the SaniGO Sanitizer Wrist Band, you can always ensure they will have hand sanitizer on hand, whenever they need it. The wrist band is flexible, durable, waterproof and easy to clean. Plus, it fits just like a watch around their wrists and holds up to 15 mL of liquid. Each SaniGo comes with a small refilling bottle.
- Need more than one? Choose our SaniGO Band Surprise Pack! 10 SaniGo Sanitizer Wrist Bands (in various surprise colours) and 10 refilling bottles. The available colours are black, grey, transparent grey, white, red, pink, transparent pink, light blue, transparent blue, transparent clear, deep purple, purple, light purple, transparent green, and yellow.
- Mini Nano Personal Sanitizer Sprayer - Pocket-sized sprayer, ideal for disinfecting school desks, backpacks, borrowed pencils and pens, and everything else! This little device will become your kid's go-to, pocket-sized device to take to school, giving you so much peace of mind. The Mini Nano comes with a USB charging cable and an internal battery that can be used for 20 mins continuously before needing to be recharged. It is small and lightweight, so fits in a backpack, and it is available in white and other colours.
- EnviroNize® Anolyte Cleansing Wash Airless Pump - 6 Pack - Want your kids to wash their hands more often at school? Try giving each of them a bottle of our cleansing wash? It is an Approved Broad Spectrum cleansing wash for hands, face, and body that cleans, disinfects, soothes, refreshes and invigorates the skin. Featuring a concentrated electro-chemically activated solution rich in oxygen, in which pathogens cannot survive, the product is effective against most bacteria and viruses, which makes it a family favourite. Made from 100% natural ingredients with no added dyes, fragrances, or triclosan; it is also alcohol-free and formulated in such a way that it cleans without over-drying the skin, while also maintaining a balanced pH. Try it!
- Looking for more bang for your buck? Then choose our Family Disinfecting Package with a Mini Thermal Fogger OR a Cordless ULV Atomizer. It is all-in-one disinfecting package and the perfect disinfecting bundle to keep your family safe at home and on-the-go! Each package includes 1 Mini Thermal Fogger or Cordless ULV Atomizer, 5 SaniGO Sanitizer Wrist Bands, 2 Mini Nano Sanitizer Sprayers (colors may vary), and 8 Litres (2.1 Gallons) of Ultra-Lyte Disinfectant, for a value of $375! So, order yours today!
Back To School Safety Tips
Last, but not least, we have some back to school safety tips for your kids that will complement very well the products we recommend you add to your back to school shopping list for a safe school year. Our goal is to help you make sure your little ones remain safe and healthy to make the most of their time in school, even though the pandemic is not over yet. Here are our tips:
- Handwashing - Encourage your kids (and ask their teachers to mention this in the classroom too) to wash their hands frequently with antibacterial soap or a sanitizing cleansing wash and water for at least 20 seconds. If this is not possible, then remind them they can always use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Just make sure that it contains at least 60% alcohol (and that they can carry it in one of our handy sanitizer wrist bands.)
- School etiquette - For many children, this school year will be the first time they interact with other children in a school setting due to the pandemic. Teach them that they should always cover their mouths and noses with an elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and that they should avoid touching their eyes, noses and mouths with dirty hands to limit the chances of getting sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting - Make sure your children know that they should disinfect their school supplies often to kill germs that may have transferred to these items from surfaces in schools. This means disinfecting their backpacks, pencils and pens, and those items they often share with their peers, like sharpeners and scissors. Make it easy for them to disinfect their space and things by giving each of them a compact sprayer to take to school, like the previously mentioned Mini Nano Sanitizer Sprayer.
- Check your kids for flu-like symptoms - Even after all your precautions, you should know that your kids may still get sick, especially when flu season arrives with the colder winter months. To alleviate this, make sure to check your kids for cold and flu symptoms often, leave them at home when they feel sick, and test them for COVID-19 if necessary. Good luck!
About our company
Disinfect & Fog is a disinfecting company based in London, Ontario, that offers commercial disinfection and fogging services across Southwestern Ontario. We also specialize in office, industrial, and residential disinfecting, as well as fogging equipment, including electrostatic sprayers and thermal foggers. All of our commercial disinfecting services are provided by dedicated and problem-solving experts who always recommend the most cost-effective and efficient disinfecting products and techniques for every situation.
If you have any questions about any of the items we recommended in our ultimate back to school shopping list for a safe school year or any of the tips we have given you, please contact us directly. We would also like to know your comments on this topic, so leave us a comment below to start a conversation.
Happy back to school! Stay safe out there!