<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.disinfectandfog.com/product/ultra-lyte-disinfectant">

What is Ultra-Lyte Disinfectant Solution?

Ultra-Lyte is an all-natural and environmentally safe spray-on sanitizing and disinfecting solution, that also works as a hard surface cleaner. It is an organic, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and biodegradable product with a neutral PH. Its formula features powerful antimicrobial properties that are proven to be effective against pathogens such as the Human Coronavirus, Norovirus, Escherichia coli, Listeria, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, and Influenza A (H1N1).

The disinfectant solution's active ingredient is hypochlorous acid (HOCI), which is FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency of the United States) certified. In Canada, the product itself is registered by Health Canada with a DIN (Drug Identification Number), approved by Agricultural Canada, and currently on the Canadian Natural Health Products list.

Ultra-Lyte is considered 100 times more effective than bleach and easier to handle because it does not require rinsing or the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). It is recommended for disinfecting and sanitizing homes, businesses, hospitals, nursing homes, medical facilities, and industrial settings in general. The RTS200 Ultra-Lyte food processing sanitizer can also be used safely on food preparation surfaces such as counters and tables.

Furthermore, Ultra-Lyte offers a long-lasting residual effect and shelf life of one year. It is considered a hospital or food-grade disinfectant /sanitizer and it is very versatile since it can be applied by fogging, mopping, and spraying, whether it's with a spraying device or a spray bottle.

The product is available as Ultra-Lyte Disinfectant in 1 and 4 gallon sizes, and Ultra-Lyte Hard Surface Cleaner, in spray bottles of 1 litre each. Jugs, drums and totes are also available.

How Does Ultra-Lyte Work?

Ultra-Lyte relies on its active ingredient hypochlorous acid (0.046%) to create an eco-friendly but remarkably potent disinfectant solution able to kill bacteria, viruses, spores, cysts, scale, and biofilm on contact in a few minutes. What gives this product its antimicrobial effect is its mixture of free radicals, which make it an oxidizing agent.

It should be noted that hypochlorous acid is produced by white blood cells in the human body as part of our immune system, playing an essential role in the fight against infections, which explains why Ultra-Lyte is so effective to kill a wide variety of bacteria and viruses.

An interesting effect of Ultra-Lyte is that it goes beyond eliminating pathogens, keeping them from building resistance to the product by not giving them the chance to adapt. This is something that happens with some toxic chemicals when microorganisms are able to neutralize a product before it can kill them, which leads to strains of pathogens that become resistant to a certain solution over time, reducing the efficacy of the product.

In manufacturing, Ultra-Lyte contributes to the performance and longevity of certain equipment like filters and pumps by removing biofilm and scale from its systems, reducing the likeliness of contamination problems and increasing their overall profitability.

Ultra-Lyte disinfectant

Ultra-Lyte vs. Bleach

Ultra-Lyte is substantially more effective than bleach, being able to kill 99.999% of bacteria and viruses on contact in up to 10 minutes, as opposed to bleach, which can take up to 60 minutes to kill the same number of contaminants.

Both Ultra-Lyte Disinfectant and Ultra-Lyte Hard Surface Cleaner are odourless, hypoallergenic, and safe to use around animals, aquatic life, and humans without the need for PPE, as previously stated. Bleach, on the other hand, is known to cause effects that range from itchiness and skin irritation to severe tissue damage, plus it is considered toxic and generates strong fumes that can harm the respiratory system if inhaled.

While bleach’s main ingredient is sodium hypochlorite, Ultra-Lyte’s main disinfecting ingredient is HOCL, which, as previously stated, is considered up to 100 times much more effective as a sanitizer and disinfectant, without the harmful effects.

How to Use Ultra-Lyte Disinfectant in Fogging Machines

Ultra-Lyte is the ideal disinfectant solution for foggers or sprayers. In fact, it can be used in electrostatic sprayers, ULV foggers, dry and cold foggers with great results. Since these machines generate little to no moisture, depending on the model, the product can be sprayed freely on all kinds of surfaces including treated articles and sensitive materials (furniture, clothing, food, or electronics.)

The advantage of spraying Ultra-Lyte with a fogging machine is that these devices are able to turn the liquid solution into a mist or fog that penetrates even the most hard-to-reach areas and is light enough to linger in the air to achieve effective airborne disinfection as well.

How to Use Ultra-Lyte Hard Surface Cleaner in Spray Bottles

Ultra-Lyte Hard Surface Cleaner is always ready to use, with no mixing required. Users just have to spray their desired surfaces, allow for 10 minutes of contact time, and leave the product to air dry or wipe it down if there’s still unwanted moisture after a few extra minutes.

Ultra-Lyte Hard Surface Cleaner in spray bottles offers several benefits as opposed to traditional cleaning like less waste because surfaces don’t always need to be wiped down after application (fewer paper towels and wipes needed), making them more eco-friendly.  Also, when users spray surfaces, some of the product disperses into the air, helping to kill surrounding airborne contaminants, and contributing to the health and safety of everyone at home or at the office.

Ultra-Lyte Hard Surface Cleaner is available in single spray bottles of 1 litre and 6 packs of 1 litre. Plus, we have product refills available for your existing Ultra-Lyte Spray Bottles so you never run out.

PRO TIP: Purchase a 6 Pack of Ultra-Lyte Hard Surface Cleaner and place one in each room of your house or office for permanent access of your family or staff to this hospital-grade disinfectant to treat surfaces as needed and guarantee that spaces will remain clean and safe around the clock.

Benefits of Ultra-Lyte Disinfectant Solution

Ultra-Lyte offers multiple benefits over traditional disinfecting chemicals, many of which we have already discussed in this article, but to summarize, these are:

  • Eco-friendly and biodegradable
  • Hospital and food-grade disinfectant
  • Hypoallergenic
  • 100x more effective than bleach
  • Superior disinfection performance
  • Safe to handle and apply - no PPE required
  • Effective applications by spraying, mopping, or fogging
  • Residue-free
  • Stable, long-lasting residual
  • Easy disposal - breaks down to the water
  • No need for multiple solutions
  • 1-year shelf life

Don't miss these stories

Give us a call today!    1-855-561-4512